Incisive Media and Investment Week are committed to the journey in becoming more sustainable. By using the guidelines set out by the Sustainable Event Alliance, we aim to meet the International Standard ISO 20121. The goal is to reduce paper consumption across events and improve recycling rates, curb food waste and alter menus with an aim to include locally sourced, organic produce. We have also committed to deliver carbon offsetting at events wherever possible and provide delegates with accessible venues.
We will be closely evaluating each event and considering how we can improve in the following areas; energy, transport, water usage, recycling, economic and local environment/community.
Incisive Media have partnered with Ecosphere+ to ensure all our remaining greenhouse gas emissions are offset. Working with Ecosphere+, we calculate the emissions from all our events, including those from event operations, venues and delegates. We then purchase the equivalent number of carbon offset credits to counter-act our activities. These credits are supporting the protection of vital rainforest in Peru, by funding conservation work and creating sustainable sources of income for locals to minimise incentives for deforestation.
For further information about the project please visit https://ecosphere.plus/cordillera-azul-2/
The Waldorf Hilton, London
• Hilton’s commitment to sustainability https://cr.hilton.com/environment/
• First major hotel company to launch science-based targets to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, in line with the Paris Agreement, and to commit to sending zero soap to landfill by 2030.
• Reducing single use plastics, including committing to eliminate plastic straws from all of our hotels, and plastic water bottles from our meetings and event spaces
• Has bicycle parking spaces to encourage the use of cycles
• Cardboard, glass is recycled, and food waste is taken for animal feed
• There will be no printed programmes at the event, instead all information is available on the event website
• All banners used at the event are 100% recycled (cardboard)
• Jugs of water are used at the event instead of glass bottles
• Hope and glory tea is fair trade