Incisive Media and Investment Week are committed to the journey in becoming more sustainable. By using the guidelines set out by the Sustainable Event Alliance, we aim to meet the International Standard ISO 20121. The goal is to reduce paper consumption across events and improve recycling rates, curb food waste and alter menus with an aim to include locally sourced, organic produce. We have also committed to deliver carbon offsetting at events wherever possible and provide delegates with accessible venues.
We will be closely evaluating each event and considering how we can improve in the following areas; energy, transport, water usage, recycling, economic and local environment/community.
• The cheese is locally sourced from Westcombe, Somerset
• The chicken is Cotswold white chicken breast - Free range slow grown chicken from Holly Farm in Worcestershire
• 80% of the starter and 75% of the main is created from in-season produce
• All catering disposables used are biodegradable, compostable or 100% recyclable
• Their fruit and veg is from Leaf Marque, their meat, including Halal Meat, is Red Tractor assured produce, their chicken is 100% Free Range and Freedom Food certified, their eggs are free range and Lion Mark.
• Water is supplied by Harrogate water, who supply 100% recyclable glass bottles, and who are partners with the environmental charity; Keep Britain Tidy
Finsbury Square/SMART Catering:
• Operate a Cycle to Work scheme for all our employees
• Have a CSR Committee (The Green Smarties) meet regularly to agree and implement any CSR initiatives - a recent example of this would be the litter picking at Battersea Park which we carried out in conjunction with Thrive.
• They work alongside the BRC Global Standard to encourage that all products are sourced from sustainable, certified, ethical trade or fair-trade sources
• They fully comply with the MSC Sustainable Fisheries standards, and are members of the Sustainable Fish Cities for London
• They are ambassadors of WRAP's Guardians of Grub Campaign
• Use 100% energy efficient lighting
Incisive Media have partnered with Ecosphere+ to ensure all our remaining greenhouse gas emissions are offset. Working with Ecosphere+, we calculate the emissions from all our events, including those from event operations, venues and delegates. We then purchase the equivalent number of carbon offset credits to counter-act our activities. These credits are supporting the protection of vital rainforest in Peru, by funding conservation work and creating sustainable sources of income for locals to minimise incentives for deforestation.
For further information about the project please visit https://ecosphere.plus/cordillera-azul-2/